I am using a pantograph to quilt this one. The first four passes were great.
I ran out of bobbin thread, so reloaded a new bobbin, went to test the tension on the side of the quilt, and heard a big metallic clunk. The bobbin case had fallen off the spindle thing, but the bobbin was still on it. Loads of loops of thread were holding the machine hostage in the edge of the quilt. I picked out some of the thread, but need tweezers to get the remainder of what's trapped in there. The picture below shows what I still have to pick out. I hope this didn't do any lasting damage.
My husband is ready to start wiring in the basement. That means I have to decide the final layout of my sewing room pronto. I am not ready!! I still haven't decided what I need/want in this half of the room, which is where the sewing machine/serger/books/storage/embroidery machine/etc. will go. Suggestions welcome.
I still have to do the following:
- doll outfit for my niece (have a week left)
- wrap presents (a week also)
- embroider two shirts (again a week)
- decide the wiring and layout for sewing room (now)
- 365 Challenge blocks (currently 9 behind)
- print new planner pages (didn't notice the monthly calendar I bought had Monday starts so I need to start over on this one)
- Polaroid blocks for swap (due Jan. 31)
- Guild swap (due Feb. 10)
Things I have completed: