FLL & a Few Quilt Updates

Our FLL qualifying tournament was over the weekend.  Both of our teams did well enough to qualify for the state tournament in January.  We're taking a few much-needed weeks off, and then it's back to weekly practices.  

I went to a quilt guild retreat over the weekend too.  It was my first one.  While I enjoy being with my friends, I think I'm more of an at-home sewing person.  I did finally finish my Fat Quarter Shop 2013 Mystery Block of the Month top while I was there.  This was the only thing I worked on.  It took me much longer than I expected.  Sorry for the lousy photo.  I don't have enough open floor space at the moment to get a decent shot.
It's almost time to mail my #bcchristmasbarnquiltmini.  I was struggling on what binding to use. My original thought was it needed to be green, but my green Bonnie & Camille stash is pretty limited.  So I pulled four different fabrics and asked Instagram.  Luckily the correct person chimed in!  I now know which fabric to use, but I'm keeping it a secret until it is received.  

Here is the quilted top.  The pattern is a free paper pieced block I found at Wombat Quilts.  It is called Which Way North and I printed it at 50% in order to have a 6" finished block.

No comments