Snow Globe Quilt and Flowers

It's been a pretty quiet week.  I've been plotting which projects I can realistically finish before check-in at guild next week.  I figured I could for sure get two items off my list completed, thus earning two entries in our contest.

I decided to finish off my Pixie Noel Winter Wonderland (aka snow globe) quilt since I had everything needed and knew which pattern I wanted to quilt on it.  The quilt pattern and fabric is all by Tasha Noel.  I quilted it with the Easy Orange Peel pantograph.  I have the binding attached to the front and just need to sew it down.

I think I can also get four finished cross stitches framed.  I have the hoop for one, ordered hoops for two more, and am going to repurpose a frame for the fourth.  Today I will probably wash the fabrics to get them ready for framing.

I'm still struggling with how to quilt a variety of other quilt tops.  Why does it have to be so hard?  I most definitely need to get my Postcard tops quilted since the final due date on those is in two weeks.

In garden news, my daffodils look really good this year despite the crazy weather.  Yesterday we had violent thunderstorms, flood warnings, and a tornado watch.  It was in the 70s.  Today it is 30 degrees, super windy, and we are even having snow flurries.  I was worried the rain would ruin the blossoms, but I worried for naught since they still look good today.  I took a few pictures just in case though.  (I had a few others, but they turned out blurry since it was windy while I was taking pictures.)

And this is how all my tulips and day lilies look right now.  Darn deer.  Nothing deters them anymore.

Hopefully next week I'll have more finishes to share.  What are you working on?

No comments