Cows!

My guild is starting a UFO challenge this week.  You get an entry for each UFO you finish from now until June.  I made my list of what I'd like to finish (mostly get all the tops quilted--there are currently 21) and decided to start with my Kimberly Einmo class blocks.  I laid them out on the design wall and we made several changes.  I thought we'd settled on one we thought looked good. I took a photo of it this morning and it doesn't look that great in the photo.  :(

So I went looking back through my old photos and found the original layout I was going to do.  I think I prefer this one and will use it.  My tasks today are dishes, laundry, Mom's taxi service, and rearrange the blocks to look like this.  If you want to see my original posts on this quilt and class, just type "Kimberly Einmo" into the search bar and the posts should pop up.
While looking for the original photos, I found the quilt show photos from that year (2015).  I thought I'd share the cow quilts that were on display in 2015 at the IHQS show.  The tags aren't very legible and I'm sorry for that.  I love the themed challenge quilt exhibits each year.  They are so full of creativity!





















I hope you enjoyed the quilt show photos!

I've also finished piecing the second set of Bubblegum Kisses blocks.  Finishing both of these mini quilts is also on my UFO challenge list.  I have 21 quilt tops to be quilted, eight in progress quilts that I'm serious about finishing, four cross stitch projects, and fabric to make eight shirts on my challenge list.  I'm not feeling overly optimistic about my chances of finishing these things.  I have the hardest time figuring out how to quilt the quilts.  Plus the basement, where the longarm resides, is such a construction zone I'm having a hard time actually finding time and lighting enough to get anything quilted.
We're almost done with our London puzzle.  One more evening will probably finish it off.
Here are a few recipes we made recently that are really good.  First, these blueberry and banana muffins were excellent.  I used two full bananas.  Next, these brownies are really good and pretty light too.  I used one cup of sugar and sprinkled a few mini chocolate chips over the top.  Finally, these homemade french fries are tasty too.  One thing to note--the recipe says one serving.  We felt that eight servings was a realistic and very generous serving size (200 cal per serving).  I froze and reheated 1/2 the recipe (425 for 25 min).  The reheated ones were okay, but not nearly as good as fresh.  I think I'll make half the recipe next time.

Finally, thanks to reader Pam who contacted me last week.  I love to hear from readers!


No comments