Sewcial Bee Sampler Blocks

I have finished up all my #SewcialBeeSampler blocks and am considering what to do as far as making a top.  

The pattern calls for sashing between the blocks.  My original plan was to use a pale aquamarine for the sashing and then something with the aqua/orange print that was my original color inspiration.  Now that all the blocks are done and I'm reminded how much orange is not really my color, I'm rethinking the aquamarine sashing.  I just don't think it would look that good.  In fact, I'm considering leaving out the sashing entirely!  Or maybe seeing if I have enough of the white polka dot left over to make the sashing.  

I don't know.  I don't love it anyway, so we'll see how long it sits here undone.  I made this with pretty much only what I had on hand; I added a few fat quarters from JoAnn to it, but mostly all from stash.  And, sadly, it barely made a dent in most of the fabric.  Check out the hashtag on Instagram though, because I love everyone else's but mine!  So many wonderful quilts!

In other news, things have been rather busy around here.  We've been insulating the spaces in the basement.  We're just about at drywall time!  At that point, you're basically half done with the job.  But I'm halfway to a dedicated sewing room, so it's all good.  

I've also been looking at new furniture for my living room.  The timing is not wonderful, but I am so over my 15 year old plaid sofas and 20 year old recliner whose second fabric covering has giant holes in it.  It's pretty embarrassing, especially since it's the first thing you see when you enter our house.

And we're deep into preparations for our upcoming FLL season.

Trimming a few of these HST is the only sewing I've gotten done lately.  I haven't even pressed most of them yet.  This is going to be a lengthy process!!!!
I had quite a bit of car time in the last week, so I've added a lot more stitches to the bluebird cross stitch.
Ooh, I've forgotten to mention something exciting:  I finally got someone to help me with getting the dampener plates for my long arm.  While I didn't get them for free (tired of fighting for that), I did get them for about half the cost I expected to pay.  We'll see how long it takes for them to come in.  They should make a huge difference with the vibration!

No comments