Attack of the Vacuum

Last Thursday I was cleaning and decided to vacuum the stairs.  We have a landing part way down and that is where I had the vacuum while I was at the bottom of the stairs trying to use the extension hose/wand.  I know, I know.  Bad idea!  The vacuum fell on me and when I tried to lift it back up and then finish the upper part of the stairs I hurt my back.  Who knew vacuuming could be hazardous to your health?

So I haven't been doing much.  Driving and sewing were not comfortable and for a while I couldn't even sit comfortably.  Thankfully I'm much better now, although still taking it really easy to give it time to heal.

I got on a bit of a cross stitch kick once I was able to sit comfortably.  I made this Buddy the Elf, but I'm not entirely happy with it, so I'm going to redraw the elf portion and restitch it.  (This was stitched from a free pattern by weelittlestitches.)

In the meantime, I started on an easy "Super Koala" design just for fun.  I'm not sure what/who "Super Koala" is, but I like the design (by SewingSeed on Etsy--lots of really cute, easy stitches).  Hopefully it's not some weird thing.  ha ha

And I did sneak in a bit of sewing.  I have 28 nine patch blocks to sew.  I have a few of them ready for sewing the rows.

The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud. Somebody who may not look like you. May not call God the same name you call God — if they call God at all. I may not dance your dances or speak your language. But be a blessing to somebody. That’s what I think.”--Dr. Maya Angelou

No comments