Second Verse, Same as the First

I started quilting the Bobbin Box mini.  And now I am "unquilting" it.  I either need to really play around with the foot pressure or my walking foot has died, because it pulled all the fabric so much that the quilt no longer lines up properly.  The feed dogs also scratched the backing fabric.  And the stitches are various lengths.  So, fun times continue with this one.
See how none of the vertical sashing lines up?  It did before quilting.

I've made a modest amount of progress on the horse cross stitch.  I'd mentioned before that I was probably going to run out of thread.  I was looking through my DMC floss boxes to find a match to one of the threads and found one right off the bat.  I happened to look down at the chart and notice that the DMC colors are all listed, just with a 1 in front of each number.  This made me so happy!  One less thing to worry about!
I made a small amount of progress on the R2-D2 quilt as well.  I fixed the ruffly spot, stitched two more passes of the pattern, and noticed that I have a huge ruffle again.  So I am picking out more stitching and trying to figure out how to blend in this new trouble spot.  Can't wait to see the end of this project.


I am frustrated with many of the projects I have going, so it seemed like a good time to work on something different.  (Why do I have so many UFOs again?  ha ha ha) I pulled out this half-done strawberry quilt to work on.

I still have plenty of other things to work on, just like always.  I probably will never run out in my lifetime.  I still need to make my shirts (I think going on a year now and getting to the point where I really NEED them done), I want to make a small travel wallet, I have tons of quilt tops to be quilted, tons of doll clothes to finish, tons of UFOs, gardening, cleaning, etc.  I don't understand when people say they would get bored staying at home.  I really never run out of things to do.  Maybe I don't want to do them, but there is always something to do.

I'm kinda bummed I won't make it to the AQS show next week.  It would be a temptation to spend money I need for other things.  I would really like to see Innova's PantoVision in person though.  I find it fascinating.  No idea if it works with my machine, but what a great idea!  Honestly, I think I may have seen it working at the last quilt show I went to, but assumed it was just the computer system, which I will likely never own, so didn't pay any attention to it.  I need to be more mindful of things.  And quit frittering away time.




No comments