Guild Mini Swap

My guild swapped minis last week.  Here's what I made for my friend Sarah:
14 x 18"  Pattern by Stars & Sunshine. Background fabric, horn fabric, hair fabric are all Cotton + Steel.
Unicorn body is by Moda.  Hooves are Tula Pink.  Binding is Elizabeth Hartman.
Backing fabric is Sarah Jane.
I tried to quilt words into the unicorn's body.  They are hard to see.
It's hard to see, but I layered sparkle tulle over the
horn fabric so that it had a bit of shimmer.
My friend Annie made me this beauty:

My picture really doesn't do it justice.  And the background is white.  Be sure to notice the outstanding quilting on it!  I'm so pleased I got this because it is just, wow!

Things I'm working on:
  • Sewcial Bee Sampler
  • R2-D2 pixel quilt--soooooo tedious

Things I like this week:  
  • Melissa McCarthy as Spicey.  Seriously hilarious.
  • Daylight lasting a bit longer.
  • My daffodils are starting to come up and some of the trees are budding.
  • My foot is a lot better, but unfortunately I caught a cold.
Things I'm thinking about:
  • I think I need to start composting.  I am lazy and I need to find the easiest possible way to do so.
  • What to plant in the garden this year.  I think I'm going to plant only one cucumber plant so that I don't have so many this summer.  Last year's crop was out of control!
  • Why don't people believe scientific facts?  Vaccines are important.  Running oil through water supplies is always a bad idea.  Etc.  Our actions have consequences.
  • Why don't people recycle?
  • I think I need to redo part of my front landscaping.  Not sure what to do with it though.  Part has died off and part has gotten way larger than the mature size on the plant tags.  It's pretty wild-looking.



No comments