Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Fig Tree Mystery BOM 2016 Top

I finished the top for my Fig Tree Mystery BOM a while ago.  I ended up customizing a bit of it--some of the fillers that were supposed to be pieced I just used strips, some I changed the size so that all pieces were equal.  I also did not add the appliqué orange peel pieces to the lower right block.  

I couldn't find the dimensions of the filler pieces in between the butterfly blocks anywhere in the directions.  After a bit of trial and error, I cut mine at 1-3/8" by the width.  I think you could start with 1-1/2" strips and be fine too.


This quilt will probably end up being gifted after it's done.

0 comments :

Post a Comment