Pumpkin Time

I saw a new pattern by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew and I just had to make it!  My stash was sadly lacking in oranges and I definitely didn't have anything in the yardage the background needed, so I of course went shopping.  Here's my fabric selections.  I'm planning to cut everything today and get sewing.

I have a cone of Aurifil I bought a while back.  I didn't have a cone thread stand, so my husband made me one with a leftover chunk of walnut from our bed, a dowel, and a stainless garden tag hook that was hanging around in our garage.
I had been feeling like something was a little off on my sewing machine, so I called and got in line for service.  They called Saturday morning to say it was my turn, so I took my machine in.  Monday morning they called to say it was ready for pick up.  Turns out there was a pin in the hook gears! Oh my!  I was lucky it didn't do damage.  My ticket also had the total stitches and hours on the machine--3,011,117 and 1,471 respectively!  
I won second place in The Aqua Umbrella Quilt Along.  I received my prize of a large stack of Bonnie & Camille Ruby charms.
I also bought a pillow cover from Valerie, so she sent it along with the charms.
I've been slowly working on what I thought would be a quick cross stitch project.  I chose linen fabric, which is always a challenge.  I can't see on dark navy (or black) anymore either, so it's been really slow going.




No comments