Next, here is the bag that my daughter made using the fabric she got at the AQS show. We used a free tutorial and got what we paid for on that one. She's happy with it though. It's pretty massive. We added some pockets inside. The last picture is the best representation of the colors.
My garden is suddenly out of control. It's like a jungle. It looks like I should have a ton of cucumbers (maybe literally). I harvested our second and, I think, last batch of lettuce last night. We must have planted it way too late. Last year we had tons of lettuce. Of course, most of my lettuce didn't even come up this year, but still. I'll try again in the fall when it's cooler. My dill and chives didn't come up either. Not sure what's going on with those.
I made some more Quilts for Pulse blocks, bringing my total to 14. I will pool these with blocks my fellow guild members have made.
I actually had a paying sewing job this week. I machine embroidered this shirt for one of my husband's co-worker's kids.
While my daughter was at camp last week I taught my son to sew. He made two pillowcases using the hot dog/burrito method. He's pretty good! He did learn that you have to be super careful of brushing against the iron while you're working. You can see his burn near his wrist in the photo below.
I also finished up my B&C barn quilt swap and will mail that today. No sharing until she receives it though. As a reminder, I will be posting a tutorial for how to make it at that point as well.
I've gathered quite a few more funny photos, so look for one of those on Friday.
Today I am hoping to finally figure out the block I'm stuck on for my Fig Tree Mystery BOM. Once I figure that out, I can move on to last month's blocks and hopefully get caught up before the next group arrives within the week.