Quilts For Pulse

My guild is making blocks for the Quilts for Pulse (#quiltsforpulse) movement headed by the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild--details here.  Here are the blocks I've made so far.  I need to go through my fabric stash in the basement to find more solids.
I need to re-iron that lower left heart.  It got bent in the stack.
The heart block is a free tutorial from Allison of Cluck, Cluck, Sew.  It has several size options.  Find the tutorial here.  The 10" block size is what I am using, and it matches up with some free patterns:

Stefanie of sew fabulous has a love + love pattern available at Cotton Bliss.  It is currently free.  This pattern uses the 10" Cluck, Cluck, Sew block as its base.

And Amanda at What the Bobbin has a free paper piecing heart pattern in several sizes available too.  Scroll down the page to find links to the 12 inch and 10 inch blocks.

In other news, after my long arm malfunctioned last week, my iron went up in a crackling, popping, smoking display on the same day.  It was less than a year old.  :(  Since it would cost more to send it in under warranty than to buy a new one, I bought the same one.  It's a Shark brand in case you're wondering.  I really like it, and at $30 or so, not a horrible replacement cost if the new one burns out too.

I am binding my Bonnie & Camille barn quilt swap and working on the extra too.  I will show those soon and plan on making a free tutorial for the block I made for the swap.  I want to wait until the recipient gets it, so it will be a few weeks, but it will be posted here eventually.

While I've managed to stay current on my 365 Challenge blocks, I am a bit behind on my Aqua Umbrella QAL.  Hoping to get that rectified today.  I will try to share those blocks next week.  I am still hopelessly behind on my Fig Tree Mystery Sampler BOM since I'm stuck on one of the blocks.

My daughter made a messenger bag with the free anime fabric she received at the AQS show.  I'll share that soon too.  My son wants to learn to sew, so we are going to make a pillow case.  I need to get caught up on my blocks first, but hopefully that will happen within a week or so as well.

I also need to spend some serious phone time chasing down some help for my long arm.  

No comments