Last Handmade Birthday Swap Gift

The birthday girl has received, opened, and acknowledged her gift, so I can share what I sent sooner than I planned.  She had mentioned that she would like a mini Sew Together Bag, and she also likes Fig Tree Quilt's Farmhouse line, so that is what I used.  I used a mini charm pack to make the outside of the bag.  I quilted a simple crosshatch on it.
Front
Back

Inside I used some more Farmhouse prints, along with a red polka dot from Strawberry Fields Revisited and the aqua cherry print from Avalon (all Fig Tree lines).  The mini differs from the full size bag in that not only is it narrower, it only has two pockets inside instead of three.  If you already have the Sew Together pattern, you can easily find the mini directions with a simple Google search.
I added in a fun "choose happy" zipper pull on one of the pockets inside.  Thankfully the birthday girl liked it as much as I did. 

Here's everything I included for her:  the bag, three mini charm packs, a mechanical pencil (because I love mechanical pencils; weird, I know), a Frixion pen, some Wonder Clips, a spool of Mettler (my current favorite for binding), some pins, scissors, glue pen refills (also something she indicated she'd like), and some milliner's needles (my favorite for EPP).
I also included some sidewalk chalk and crayons (not pictured) for her kids. 
So I am now finished up with all the birthday swaps.  Nothing left to do but wait for all mine to roll in next month.  I am excited!

In other areas, the veggie garden is now completely finished for the year.  My lettuce is still struggling, but everything else seems okay.  The herbs haven't come up yet, but all the new beans are emerging.  Rabbits/deer/turkeys are wreaking havoc on the flowers, but it has been worse before.
Some big toms (and a flamingo!)
I'm trying to quilt my big pineapple quilt from last summer.  Suddenly my Juki is vibrating so badly I can barely quilt.  And the vibration is causing the stitch regulator to malfunction.  SIGH.  I did start the Aqua Umbrella QAL.  I still need to stitch my Barn Quilt swap, which is due in two weeks.  And I really want to make some heart blocks to contribute to the #QuiltsForPulse movement.  Broken hearted over this and Christina Grimmie and all mass shootings.  How many will it take before we can get assault rifles off the streets?  Peace and love.

No comments