Rainbow Mini Swap

Now that my rainbow mini swap partner has received her package, I can share what I sent her.  She had mentioned in the info I received that she preferred useful notions and chocolate.  I hope I did well with what I chose to send her!


The pattern I used for the mini quilt is Dusk by From Blank Pages.  Find it here.  I made my quilt using the 18" size included in the pattern.  I added a 1.5" (1" finished) strip along the outside edges for stability.  My partner said she likes Kona solids, so that is what I used.  If you want to recreate the quilt, the colors I used are Valentine 451, Silver 1333, Pool Blue 45, Aqua 1005, Marine Blue 1218, Poppy 1296, Canary 26, Tangerine 1370, and Chartreuse 1072.  I used matching gray Aurifil 50 wt. to quilt most of the quilt.

I found what I hope is a perfect backing fabric--she likes rain and I thought this print was really cute. It's by Michael Miller and has been out for a while, so it is kinda hard to find, but does pop up on Etsy now and then.

I saw some really cool rainbow pencils in a magazine, which I thought would be perfect for this swap.  Luckily CW Pencils has not only a storefront in New York, but an online store too.  So I ordered and received!  Isn't this the coolest pencil ever??



I also received my swap package right away.  And what a cute package it was!  Esther took the time to check out my Pinterest pages and correctly guessed that I really like Churn Dash blocks.  She also took into account my fabric likes, which made me feel happy.  Here's what I received:





front
back
This concludes most of my swapping.  I have one birthday swap package left to send in June and then I should receive five back in July.  I can't wait!

No comments