Quilts for Kids 2016

Charity quilts are such a nice thing.  You can help someone in need and practice new skills or use up fabric you no longer have a use for.  Last year my daughter and I made four quilts to donate to our local NICU.  In 2014 I made a quilt for Quilts for Kids.  Quilts for Kids sends you the fabric, partially cut, and pattern (you pay shipping both ways).  You donate your time, thread, and batting and send back clean, finished quilts within four to six weeks.  Last week I ordered two more kits from Quilts for Kids.  

The kits arrived Monday.  Here's the fabric they sent me:


Yesterday I put both tops together.  I did have to go buy some batting, and am planning to quilt them this week.  I'm looking forward to practicing free motion quilting on these tops!



No comments