Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Random Project Updates

I have a bunch of swaps all due at once--at least it seems that way.  Here are a few of the things I've been working on for them.  The pincushion and tray each finish around 4".  I resized a Thimbleblossoms block for the pincushion.  It did not go well and it took forever, but I finally got it worked out.  It didn't come out square, but I think it looks pretty good.  

Here's a fun Harry Potter/Luna Lovegood cross-stitch I finished over winter break. I framed it by myself.  I'm proud of me!  Ha!

Here is a mini Felix Felicis charm I made. 


And here is my son's teacher's holiday gift.  She is a first-year teacher and her classroom decoration colors are yellow and gray.  She seems to like sunflowers too.  That sunflower I used for decoration is actually a hair clip I made a while back.  Making all those cover buttons for the paper clips, thumb tacks, and magnets really did a number on my nails!  My husband did the vinyl.  I can't figure out the software and he is really good at it.


Finally, I was working on my guild swap yesterday.  I'd tried unsuccessfully to resize a block and had a lightbulb moment yesterday on how to do it properly.  I was really going to town on it and I looked down from a piece I was cutting and noticed a weird chunk of plastic on my cutting mat.  The button to close the blade on my rotary cutter had broken off.  :(  I've used that rotary cutter ever since I started quilting--about 20 years. I guess I can't complain; 20 years is a long time for a piece of equipment to last.  But I was still sad.  Luckily I had purchased a spare cutter last summer, so at least I didn't have to take a trip to the store. 
RIP faithful friend; you will be missed!

0 comments :

Post a Comment