Civil War Quilt Block 13

2023 update: I no longer have this pattern. It is still commercially available from the designer. Please do not ask me for the pattern; please go honor the creator and purchase a legal copy.

Just when I was appreciating how easy block 12 was, I remembered that there was a block 13.  Not so easy.  This block of the month program was template-based with the exception of block 12.  Many of the shapes had very odd measurements, especially this one!  It came out pretty wavy, but it's done, and luckily I only had to make one.  It is called Swing in the Center.


Now I just have to rework the month 10 blocks to make them fit together properly, cut all the sashing and corner sets, and sew the thing together.  Oh yeah, and quilt the behemoth.  Each block is 15" finished and the entire quilt is king sized at 110" x 110".  I'm not a fan of the fabric for the sashing, but I'm also not in love enough with all the blocks to go buy 3 yards of something else.  Ugly fabric it is!

No comments