Tuesday, August 26, 2014

One from the UFO Pile

A few summers ago, my daughter saw a pack of charm squares she really liked at JoAnn.  She said she was interested in learning to sew.  The fabric was on clearance, so I said we could get it and make a doll quilt.  

What I thought would be an easy project turned into a struggle.  The only thing she did besides choosing the fabric is push down the foot pedal on the sewing machine for a few of the seams.  I finished the top, folded it up with the backing she'd chosen, and put it in a box.  

In my ongoing effort to finish partially done projects, I pulled this out and quilted it with a simple grid while dinner cooked last night.  I finished it this morning with cheater binding--you know, fold the back onto the front and make a faux binding.  My daughter has no recollection of this project even though it's only been two years.   Oh well.  It's done and out of my UFO pile.  

Front

Back

Detail, with better coloring

0 comments :

Post a Comment