How To Make a Nail File For Your American Girl Doll

As part of the spa day set I made, I created a doll-sized nail file.  Here is a step-by-step guide you can use to make your own.

A big thank you to my husband, who made the nail file so that I could photograph each step!

First, gather your materials.  You will need tiny craft sticks, sticky glitter tape, paper scissors, an X-acto knife, and a cutting board.  If you are a child, or clumsy like I am, get an adult to do the X-acto knife cutting!  I found my craft sticks and glitter tape at Michael's.

Using your scissors, cut a length of the glitter tape a little longer than the length of your craft stick.  Peel off the paper backing and stick the craft stick to the back (non-glitter side) of the tape.  Press firmly!  Using the X-acto knife and the cutting board, neatly and carefully cut off the excess paper.  Repeat these steps for the other side of the craft stick so that both sides are covered.





If you can't find any sticky glitter tape, or don't like this look, you can use small pieces of scrapbooking paper and a Xyron sticker maker and follow a similar process.

You may use these instructions but may not copy the written directions.  Please give credit to cutie pie & me as the pattern designer and link back to these instructions.  Thank you.

No comments